- Help you to establish realistic and attainable goals.
- Develop an exercise program specific to your individual needs, health status, limitations, and desires.
- Assure proper exercise technique, program design, and progression to avoid common mistakes and exercise-related injuries.
- Integrate variety into your exercise program to avoid boredom and training plateaus.
- Provide positive encouragement, motivation, and accountability.
- Resistance Training and Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Flexibility Training
- Sport-Specific Strength Training and Conditioning
- Balance, Coordination and Stability Training
Take the first step & sign up today.
The process is easy. Stop by Member Services at your Y to obtain a Personal Training packet and fill out the information. Once it's returned, a YMCA Personal Trainer will set up an initial consultation.
Find a Personal Trainer
Our Personal Trainers come in all shapes and sizes, with different backgrounds and experience, just like we do. Find a trainer at your Y.
Contact a Personal Trainer for more information.
Every YMCA Personal Trainer has acquired and maintained certification through one or more of the following respected health and fitness organizations: American Council on Exercise; American College of Sports Medicine; National Strength and Conditioning Association; National Academy of Sports Medicine.
YMCA Pilates Reformer Instructors are highly qualified, having completed nearly 100 hours of training with nationally-recognized Pilates Mat and Reformer authorities. Most YMCA instructors have more than one Pilates Mat certifications and are certified in Pilates Reformer through Powerhouse, Inc.