Take an active role in strengthening our community by volunteering at the Y. Your time and talent go a long way with us and helps to create a safer, more viable community that's a good place to live and work.
For more information, please give us a call at 952-544-7708.
Community Board of Directors
- Please contact our Executive Director at the number above to learn about board and committee opportunities.
- Healthy Kids Day - Celebrate with children tots to teens, for activities that educate and motivate kids to live healthy lifestyles.
- Rally Day - Assist with activities, games, food, set-up or clean-up.
Events and Fundraising
- General Fundraising - Help us ask people to donate to our Y Partners Scholarship fund.
- Call Nights - Help organize or make calls on our scheduled Y Partner call nights.
- Event Assistant - Assist with the annual golf tournament and annual wine tasting event
- Swim Instructor Aide - Assist instructors and help supervise swimmers during Swim Academy classes.
- Tidal Wave Swim Team - Help at swim meets.
- Kids Stuff Assistant - Work with small children in Kids Stuff, read stories and/or assist with projects/crafts.
Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Special Projects – Painting, Repairs and Maintenance, etc.
- Administrative work – Office support- file, prepare mailings, prepare marketing packets)
Youth, Teen and Family Programs
- Day Camp Christmas Tree - Cleaning, organizing, painting (seasonal, starting late winter/early spring through summer)
- Homework Helper, Minnetonka Heights - Tutoring, homework help afterschool.
- Project Access Helper - Assist with monthly activity nights and dances (activities, games, food, set-up or clean-up).
- Summer Power/Uproar Program Assistant - Assist instructors with variety of activities and projects. (Seasonal, starting late winter/early spring through summer)
- Youth in Government, Model Assembly or Model United Nations – Help young people to learn, serve, and lead with a high profile model program. Facilitate small group activities. (September - March)