We are committed to providing support to our neighbors and opportunities for kids, adults and families to give, join in or advocate in the name of stronger communities.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Current Volunteer Opportunities at the Y
8th Annual Croixathlon Fundraiser
Saturday, June 29. 2 hour shifts, 6am – 11am.
Volunteer for our triathlon race at Camp St. Croix in Hudson, WI (only 20 minutes east of St. Paul). Contact Sue Elmer by email or at 612-465-0561.
Average shift time: 2 hours. Volunteer shifts begin at 6am, 8am and 10am. Ages 18+ and children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bike Route Guides
- Running Route Guides
- Water & Food Station Host
- Lakefront Music Fest in Priori Lake, July 19 & 20
- Minnesota State Fair, Y Diabetes Prevention Program Booth, August 22 – Sept. 2
Ongoing Volunteers Opportunities at the Y
- Camps – Connect with the environment and assist our camps in the great outdoors. Garden, paint, cut wood or help remove invasive species.
- Kids Stuff Assistant – Work with children (infants-youth) in Kids Stuff programming—read stories or assist with projects and crafts.
- Field Trip Assistant – Assist class instructors with children during field trips.
- General Fundraising – Help us raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of our community.
- Youth Sports Coach or Assistant Coach – Provide leadership to a team of young athletes helping them play, learn, and grow.
- Aquatics - Inspire kids’ self-confidence in swim lessons.
- Membership – Share your talents with Member Services. Help greet members, perform administrative roles and assist with coffee and towel service.